FMIT Alert Level 3
9:30 AM CST, Wednesday August 30, 2017
* Flash Flood Warning Has Been Issued for…
Southeastern Escambia County in northwestern Florida until 1000 AM CDT
* At 707 AM CDT, Doppler radar indicated thunderstorms producing
heavy rain across the warned area. Up to two inches of rain have
already fallen. Flash flooding is expected to begin shortly.
* Some locations that will experience flooding include…
Pensacola, Brent, West Pensacola and Goulding.
Additional rainfall amounts of 2 to 4 inches are possible in the
- Severe storms are currently impacting the FL Panhandle, with 2 inches of rainfall this morning with an additional 4-6 inches expected.
- A Flash Flood Warning is currently in effect for Escambia County until 10:00AM this morning. A Flash Flood Watch remains in effect for Escambia, Santa Rosa, & Okaloosa Counties through tomorrow evening.
FMIT Member Preparedness Actions:
- Members should continue to monitor the storms as well as FMIT Alerts and local/national weather forecasts.
- Members should be communicating with internal emergency response leadership regarding potential flood conditions that may occur.
- Members should report all damages to buildings and other property to FMIT using one of the following options below as well as to any other insurance providers (flood, etc…)
Damage Reporting Options:
Call 844-FMIT-CAT (844-364-8228) to report any losses to your insured property and activate the FMIT Turnkey Recovery program for immediate response to any property losses you may have incurred. Also:
Go online: http://insurance.flcities.com and login to your account and submit your loss notice(s). FMIT and Synergy are immediately notified of your loss submittal.
County Emergency Managers List – For additional contact information about your county, please Click Here.
Post Event Safety:
Please Ensure That Recovery Operations Are Undertaken Safely. Click Here to download an Overview of Post Event Safety.